Finding a Space to Hang a Hammock
Posted on May 14 2015
While the desire for many is to relax, lay back and enjoy a hammock in their back garden, unfortunately not all of us are lucky enough to have perfectly spaced trees for tree straps, or suitable fixtures to simply hang a hammock from.
However, sometimes it does just require a bit of creativity and thought before you come up with a suitable spot for a hammock.
Some potential hammock hanging ideas
- Perhaps you can bolt or screw some attachments straight into an outside wall (be sure to attach to a solid joist), or the corner of your house and then onto a single tree.
- As above but if you don’t have a tree digging in a solid post to attach the other end of the hammock to.
- Verandah or patio beams can sometimes be overlooked and provide a lot of different options to hang hammocks from.
- Inside, you could hang a hammock across a room by attached strong screws or bolts directly into wall joists. Then use something like our S hooks to allow easy hanging and taking down of the hammock when not in use, so the room can be used for other uses.
- Use of existing fence posts.
- Across the corner of a deck or fence
- Overhead beams.
So if you are struggling to think of somewhere to hang a hammock have another look at your setup, you may have overlooked a simple option that could give a great relaxation spot.
Perhaps you are renting or are not waiting to drill holes in your house, in this case, you could consider a stand-alone hammock frame. Available in wood or metal variations that give you added hammock portability and create a great feature in all settings.
Hammocks Australia wishing you a safe and relaxing swing as you enjoy your summer time.